One of the most asked questions in Coronavirus pandemic is how long does this Coronavirus survive, apart from the current outbreak. As we all know that the Coronavirus has spread globally, people are taking extra precautionary measures.
Most of the people are using Sanitizers frequently while others are using different techniques to prevent from Coronavirus.
Many people are avoiding the use of hands to open doors and delivering items to each other at home. People have boycotted the use of public transport including trains, flights, and local buses.
In business offices, workers are directed to clean their desks and sanitize their hands every 5 minutes. They are also directed to avoid collective activities like meetings. The use of digital communication channels has increased due to this ongoing Corona lockdown.
In many affected areas, rescue teams are spraying disinfectant liquid in parks, plaza, and public places. Hospitals and offices authority are more emphasizing on cleaning their environments. Even in some places, people come out to clean keypads of ATM machines at night.
How Coronavirus Spreads?
According to the medical reports and research, the virus doesn’t get spread by touching hands to the infected place or thing and touching them back to the face. As per the World Health Organization report: washing hands and body frequently can reduce the chances of spreading Coronavirus.
Many viruses spread through the flow of noses and mouths. Infectious droplet particles land on other people and their clothes through cough, but some particles remain in the air, which also makes the environment affected which is a common cause, so we should never forget to wash hands at least 5 minutes to get rid of such infected virus particles.
This has not been cleared now that the Sars-CoV-2 is a virus that causes due to Covid-19 able to survive out the human bodies. After a lot of research on Coronavirus, this thing came out that these viruses stay alive on glass, metal, and plastic for 9 days unless they don’t get disinfected. Among these viruses, many of them remain active for 28 to 30 days at a cold temperature.
Coronavirus has become very popular to remain active for so long on a specific surface. The research team is studying and analyzing them to know more about them.
Neeltje Van Researched On SCARS-COV-2 & COVID-19
One of a student of the National Institute of Health (NIH) and her colleagues did a test on “Sars-CoV-2” that’s how long this virus can stay active on different surfaces. Their study proved some important points:
- This virus can last for 3 hours in the air on exiting from the body in the form of cough particles. These particles are 30 times smaller than the width of human body hair.
- In some cases, it remains in the air in the form of particles for many hours. This virus can last for a maximum of 4 hours in an unfiltered air conditioning environment especially when the aerosol droplets merge in the surface of disturbed air.
- This virus stays alive longer on cardboard for up to 24 hours. It remains active and alive amazingly on stainless steel and plastic surfaces for 2 to 3 days.
- These results have proven that these viruses remain active quite long on door handles, plastic coated worktops and other hard surfaces.
- The research also proved that this virus doesn’t survive more than 4 hours on the surface of copper.
Disinfectants & Active Ingredients To Kill Coronavirus
On a quick note, this Coronavirus can be deactivated and destroyed in a minute by the following techniques:
- Use 0.5% hydrogen peroxide bleach or 62% to 71% alcohol at a high temperature.
- Normal household bleach containing 0.1% sodium hypochlorite at a high temperature with humidity kills this virus in a minute.
- High temperature with humidity also causes Corona death. Coronavirus can be killed at high temperatures like 56 °F or 132 °F.
The EPA has listed down the disinfectants and ingredients that can easily kill and deactivate the Sars-CoV-2 virus. Washing hands frequently and cleaning the environment force this Coronavirus to die.